Back to School News 2021
Classes start on September 3rd, and we are thrilled! Because of our non-traditional facility and parent driven education approach, we are uniquely suited to weather this season of challenges and provide excellent, in person education. Living Science campus easily facilitates social distancing, and we have configured classrooms to help maintain appropriate distancing for students and faculty.
For more details, read our complete health and safety protocols.
We are monitoring Georgia public health directives and recommendations for schools and will adjust as needed to comply and protect our students, families, staff, and faculty. At this time, we expect to implement the following protocols and policies.
- Temperatures will be taken upon arrival – all persons on campus will be issued a wrist band with their temperature recorded on it.
- Hand sanitizer is in place outside each classroom – to be used each time a person enters. We encourage each student to carry his/her own personal hand wipes and/or sanitizer.
- Furniture is arranged to maximize spacing.
- We have added air purifiers in all classrooms.
- Common areas allow for social distancing and are wiped down regularly.
- Surfaces – tabletops, doorknobs and handles are cleaned regularly.
- Lab computers are cleaned between classes.
- Masks are not required but permitted for students if provided by parents.
- Students must bring their own food and drink in either disposable containers or take-home containers. Items left behind will be disposed of.
- The Tuck Shop operates with strict monitoring and social distancing (all merchandise is pre-packaged individually).
Bookmark this page for future back-to-school updates.